I got no major complaints about this life I’m livin. It’s not perfect but it’s working for me. Wanna take a walk in my tan riding boots? This is what it’s like to be moi:
Weekdays for @Tessypie
- 7:00 AM: Alarm goes off
- Actual wake up around 7:09
- Leave the apartment by 8:15 AM to be at my desk by 8:45.
- I used to get to work by 9:30, but the hours are different now that I’ve left the Media agencies side and moved to the Publisher side. We get in earlier but also leave earlier.
- Work work work til 12:30 PM. I am a slave to Powerpoint. I usually bring my lunch to work and eat at my desk.
- Back to work til…well, til the work is done. I generally leave between 6:15 and 7:00 PM. Now we have two after work options:
- I hit the gym
- I go home and am lazy on my couch. This is when I try out all my recipes. Albert and I try to make Tuesday night a quiet night at home. It started as a midweek date night when we first started dating and we wanted to keep the tradition even after moving in together. We either do Taco Tuesday or he brings meat and cheese from Murray’s to snack on while I make a home cooked meal. He drinks beer, I drink wine, and we watch New Girl or dvr’d Shark Tank. Sounds boring but I’ve really begun to look forward to it.
- 10:00 PM: Climb into bed and read for a bit.
- Weekday bedtime: 11:00 PM
Weekends for @Tessypie
- 6:30 PM Friday goes one of two ways:
- Hit up happy hour after work. In the summer that means one word: rooftop. A fave is Rio Grande for deadly margs. In the winter, it usually means Plug Uglies for shufflepuck and my usual order: Jack and Diet. Happy hour lasts much longer than an hour for me.
- Albert and I do a date night and go to one of our neighborhood faves, like Ted’s or order takeout. When we get home, we sometimes pull out the sofabed to watch a movie with popcorn and wine. More often than not we take a “more the merrier” approach so happy hour with friends wins out.
- Friday bedtime: 12:30 AM.
- 8:30-9:30 AM Saturday: Wake up. If it’s on the earlier side, I run downstairs for a bagel or bacon egg and cheese.
- 1 PM Saturday: I like to take walks and explore the city, grabbing my lunch on the way. However, if it’s football season, I’ll be watching my Dawgs. Then I run errands til supper time.
- 8:30 PM Saturday: Dinner. I try to lay low one night of each weekend so if my happy hour got aggressive on Friday, I’ll be staying in with a good book and Seamless Web. If I took it easy on Friday, then Saturday is my chance to cross a restaurant of my list. Then it’s just a bunch of bar hopping.
- Saturday bedtime: 2 AM.
- 10:00 AM Sunday: Wake up and be lazy
- 12:30 PM: Head to boozy brunch. Some faves include Poco, Agave, and La Giara.
- 6:00 PM: Back at my apartment to relax, order some takeout, and watch whatever is left on my dvr.
What do you think? Had you imagined my life to be more glamorous?