The best month because it’s my birthday month and the weather is always nice
- My beau loves cauliflower so I’ll have to consult this guide of 33 Super Surprising (and Super Delicious) Ways to Eat Cauliflower
- Pickling something has long been a goal of mine. Maybe with this quickler technique I’ll actually do it.
Food for Thought
- This is one of the best book roundups I’ve seen in a while. I added almost all of them to my TBR list.
- In case you have any little ones in your life, this is a good roundup of picture books for the summer. There were a ton I was unfamiliar with on this list, which was nice to see.
Bits & Bites
- My building recently invested in a couple of Peleton bikes and I’ve gotten super into it. You truly feel like you’re in the studio (personalized encouragement from the instructor, great music) without actually having to leave the house, which is a major motivator when it comes to working out. It’s a big investment (about $2,000 for the bike itself and $39/month), but I feel like it’s worth it. True, that’s easy for me to say because my building is paying for it (praise hands emoji), but I still recommend it if you’re into spinning. After about 2 years, this pays for itself (assuming you only take one spin class per week). I’m not the only one who sees the benefits, according to this article.
- I am at a stage of life where I am hearing a LOT of opinions about when I should be having kids. Everyone seems to think they’re a doctor and is sure that my fertility is dropping at an alarming rate. Turns out that might not be the case. Should I wait 6 years before trying? No; that would still be a bad idea. But if I want to wait a couple years, I should still be ok, and that’s based on SCIENCE so people should maybe keep their mouths shut.