Enjoy the January 2017 edit of what I find interesting!
- I like the idea of a food schmoozer to make customers in fast casual restaurants more comfortable. While fast casual dining is able to offer high quality food at low prices by eliminating wait staff, there is a hole left where some amount of human contact is craved.
- Are you ready for the predicted 2017 food trends? This article rounds up the 81 things food experts expect to see this year. I’m very interested in #18 – coffee as an ingredient.
- The Master Pan Skillet seems kind of amazing – it can do it all and all at the same time. Thinking I may need to add it to my kitchen collection.
- My biggest present from Santa was a Nomiku, a fun gadget Albert and I saw on Shark Tank that converts a normal pot into a sous vide maker. I can’t wait to try it out this month.
- In college (and a few years after – eek), I was no stranger to the “shower beer” (or, in my case, shower wine). I think this new product, designed specifically for drinking in the shower, is hilarious and amazing.
Food for Thought
- Emma Watson has released her latest reading list for her feminist book club. I love that she is actively empowering women and promoting literacy. I’ll definitely have to add some of these books to my own list.
- The February 2017 issue of Glamour magazine is produced 100% by women. Girl power!
Bits & Bites
- As a caffeine addict who is also trying to up her workout game, it’s good to know coffee might actually help me in that department.
- I’ve been into @everyoutfitonsatc for a while, but now I’m also diggin @whatfranwore. Similar to Every Outfit on SATC, What Fran Wore chronicles Fran Drescher’s wacky outfit choices, which you’ll be surprised to learn come from famous designers. It’s missing the sass of the other account, but it’s still fun to relive Fran’s crazy fashion choices.