April was so busy that I completely forgot a What’s Cookin? post — but I’m back, baby!
A gorgeous beach day in Mexico
- Finally! It’s safe to eat romaine lettuce again! I was surprised at how hard it was to avoid romaine during those times I went to a restaurant for a salad. Glad I don’t have to think about it anymore!
- The Truffleist, known for their truffle cheesesteaks, now makes the most insane $32 burger. It’s made with two patties, melted mozzarella, caramelized onions, cheese sauce, truffle mayo, fresh shaved truffles, and a ball of fried burrata on a prosciutto bun
Lots of sweets in a Philly coffee shop
Food for Thought
- I usually don’t think I’m smart enough to read The New Yorker…and here’s a 9-year-old who’s killin it in the caption game for their iconic cartoons.
- I love this reimagining of iconic male literary characters as female.
- This proves why print shouldn’t die.
- This infographic breaks down what it takes to write an award-winning book…perhaps I should take some of these trends to heart…
I always love when I hit my freebie on my coffee shop loyalty card
Bits & Bites
- I love that travel agents (of sorts) are becoming popular again. This time around, the process is app-based (vs. brick and mortar) and focused on local experiences. I’ve been following Noken for a while and am now very intrigued by ViaHero. Hopefully I’ll get to use one of these companies sometime soon for a vacay.
- This article/interview about the Amish and their relationship with technology is super interesting.