Ever feel like you need to get something off your chest? Sometimes I’ve just gotta talk it out. That’s why I’ve decided to do a monthly feature called “Thoughts On…” At the beginning of the month, I’ll provide a prompt to stimulate discussion. The point is to get us to put our thoughts out there – writing it all down can be quite cathartic. If you want to keep your writing private, that’s your thing and I won’t question it. If you’re ready to put it all out there, I invite you to share your thoughts in the comments. At the end of the month I’ll provide my own thoughts on the topic of the month. Think of it as a book club for writing.
In this month’s “Thoughts On…” column, I’d like to think about punctuality. Has anyone notice that 15 minutes late is now kinda considered “on time?” I’m not sure when this became a thing, and maybe it’s just in NYC, but I’ve noticed a trend.
- What do you consider “on time?”
- Are your friends habitually early or late? How does that make you feel?
- What are the cons of this culture of lateness?
- Do you have any tricks for remaining punctual?
- Do you care about being punctual for some events/appointments more than others?
Check back at the end of the month to see my thoughts on being on time!