I am all about realistic goals when it comes to New Year’s Resolutions. I want to be able to say I accomplished them so I can actually make a difference in my life. When goals are lofty, it’s too easy to push them to the side and say “welp, better luck next year.” I did pretty good in 2014 and 2015, so here is my list [drum roll please] for 2016:
- Send wedding gifts before the wedding. This should be easier to stay on top of since I’m only invited to about five weddings this year, not nine like in 2015.
- Find a new tv show to share with my beau (something to binge, perhaps?)
- Visit one out of town friend I haven’t seen in a while (Atlanta, Little Rock, Texas, and Charlottesville are all in the mix)
- Put at least $100 per paycheck away. That adds up and will go a long way toward wedding/honeymoon planning.
- Drink more water. I didn’t make as much headway as I wanted with this one in 2015 so I’ve come up with a strategy. It involves a marked water bottle and a set of alarms.