Fall, is that you?
Waling home with some of my favorite neighborhood pizza during our move
- Restaurants and Bars
- Forget traditional restaurants; looks like the maternity ward in Japan is the best place to get a good meal.
- Since it’s Halloween month, I had to include an article for the most haunted bars. One is in NYC so it may get a visit from yours truly. Another, no surprise, is in my hometown of Savannah and is actually where we hosted our wedding welcome reception!
- I love this idea of a supper club in a box! Basically for $48/month, you receive a box filled with recipes, decor, shopping lists, DIY tips, and a few gourmet food items – everything you need to host a fabulous dinner party. It’s genius! I’m so jealous I didn’t think of this concept first.
- I’m going to have to see if this recipe for making granola in a slow cooker actually works. If it does: game changer.
- As the weather turns colder, it will soon be soup time. I’ll have to consult this list of easy toppings to liven up a basic bowl.
The good thing about the South is that the fall is still a great time to go to the beach
Food for Thought
- Author John Green writes about teens, sure, but they’re teens dealing with major issues (cancer, mental health). This article about how he deals with his own crippling anxiety and OCD is interesting insight into how he so acutely developed the character in his latest book.
- For all those bookworms still figuring out your Halloween outfit, check out this list of bookish costumes.
Sun setting as I left work
Bits & Bites
- I’ll always be nostalgic for the original tagline, but I’m really digging what Covergirl is doing with their branding.
- Being a stay-at-home-mom is still very much a thing, but the path there is different than it was a few decades ago, which has resulted in a higher level of fulfillment.
A beautiful cathedral in Minori on our honeymoon