No 3 on Thursday today because it’s time for the annual Gratitude List. I’ve really come to look forward to pulling this list together each year. It’s so nice to stop and take stock of all the great things I’ve got going on in my life.
- I now have not one but two perfect nephews. It’s no secret that I’m not very into babies, but now that Brooks is two and a half, he’s developed the cutest little personality. I love that he recognizes me and wants to play. I can’t get enough of him. I know I’ll have just as much fun with Reed soon.
- Since my last Gratitude post, I’ve gotten engaged! What?! It’s not the whole getting married thing that’s so great (though, trust me, that part is pretty awesome); it’s that I have this one person who is so perfect for me and who makes me so happy. I’m not trying to be dramatic or self deprecating, but that’s something I truly did not think was in the cards for me. With an amazing family and fabulous set of friends, I had grown ok with the fact that I wouldn’t necessarily find this great love…but then I did. It is the absolute best gravy on this chicken biscuit I call life.
- I started doing a new eye makeup look for everyday, and I’m really digging it. I’ve gotten it down to a science so I can do it in under two minutes and it makes me look so much more put together.
- Albert and I have done a pretty good job of saving. Sure, we live in a smaller apartment then some of our friends, but it’s definitely paid off in the long run.
- I have a really nice view at work and it makes a big difference. When things are either very crazy or a little boring, I can just gaze out at the Hudson. I’m also lucky that there have been so many new stores and restaurants added to my work neighborhood.
- It took a while for me to really get into Netflix the way most people use it: for binge-watching. I’m discovering some great shows and love that it’s brought back the water cooler moment.
- My neighborhood has started getting a little cool. It’s still going to be dominated by the just out of college set, but there are now some really great bars and restaurants that I love going to. It’s made for some really fun Friday night date nights.
- I have interests and hobbies. I like reading and writing and cooking. I’m realizing that not everybody actually has hobbies so I’m grateful for the multiple things that make me want to get up and do something every day.
- I’m somebody’s Maid of Honor. Somebody actually values our friendship enough to give me such an esteemed honor. Sure, people complain about how annoying it can be to deal with logistics and bridezillas, but I think it’s so cool that somebody likes me that much. And the feeling is mutual!